Campus

Gen B C Joshi Army Public School has been established under the aegis of Adjutant Generals Branch, Army Headquarters, to cater to the needs of defence personnel including ex- servicemen, and to some extent to the needs of civilians and NRIs. Pithoragarh Military station is 200 kms away from Bareilly and is located at an altitude of 1500 metres. The station has approximately 950 families of serving soldiers, MES staff and civilians paid from defence estimates.

Besides, Pithoragarh has the highest number of serving and retired military personnel. Late Gen BC Joshi, PVSM, AVSM, ADC COAS mooted the proposal for opening of Army Public School at Pithoragarh during his visit to the station in July 1993 and the foundation stone of the school was laid by him on 16 October 1993. The first academic session started on 15 July 1996 with 116 pupils from Classes IV to VIII comprising 65 boarders and 51 days scholars. Subsequently in the year 1998 and 2001 Class X and XII respectively were introduced and Classes IV and V were discontinued.

The school, which was environed as a fully residential school, is recognized by the CBSE upto Class XII, the provisional affiliation extension is up to 2015 . The School has facilities for both curricular and co-curricular activities and provides a friendly and congenial atmosphere, which helps in the all round development of the students, be it academics or sports including trekking and aesthetic activities.

The aim of the School is to impart quality education to the children of Officers, JCOs, ORs , Ex-Servicemen, limited no of civilians and NRI's. The school prepares the children for the All India Secondary School Exam and All India Senior School Certificate Exam conducted by CBSE, New Delhi.

         Initially motto of the school was        "Agre Sarat Sarvada
  meaning 
            "Always Strive for Excellence" which was later changed by AWES to
"Truth is God" .